COVID-19 Updates: New Pfizer Drug Reduces Hospitalization, Deaths by Almost 90%
- More than 5 million people globally have died from COVID-19.
- More than half of U.S. adults are now fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19 booster shots are now available for some people in the United States.
Update on COVID-19 numbers
- Globally, there have been more than 248.9 million confirmed COVID-19 cases and more than 5 million associated deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- The United States has reported more than 46.3 million confirmed cases and more than 752,000 associated deaths.
- Currently, more than 222.9 million people in the United States have received their first COVID-19 vaccine dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with more than 193.4 million people fully vaccinated.